|Welcome to SPACE.
SPACE (Sand Point Arts & Cultural Exchange) is organized to develop arts and cultural facilities and programs at Warren G. Magnuson Park that pioneer the imaginative use of urban park property and serve the diverse artistic, educational, and cultural needs of the regional community.
SPACE was founded in 1994 with the vision of developing programs for
Arts and Culture at Warren G. Magnuson Park. This vision includes
operating and managing equipment and facilities for artists,
encouraging and assisting artists to use and take advantage of the
diverse culture of architecture and environment at Magnuson Park, and
to work closely with the City of Seattle to establish an ongoing
relationship regarding Arts and Culture and Magnuson Park.
SPACE fulfills its mission in three ways:
- Assisting artists and organizations working at the park
- Producing cultural programming for the community
- Developing new facilities for the arts
SPACE's goals are to:
- Develop and house a community of diverse and creative arts and cultural organizations
- Work with the City of Seattle to secure the capital and operating funds necessary to make facilities available to arts and cultural groups
- Foster and encourage new and diverse arts and cultural collaborations
SPACE is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.